Sunday, August 24, 2008

Machete Man!

About a month or so ago our weedeater died. We took it in for repairs and were supposed to get it back weeks ago, but apparently it's problems were worse than we thought. Meanwhile back at the homestead........Parts of our backyard had weeds at least 6ft tall, I kid you not!

Since we started recruiting duty, I've taken over just about all the household duties, including yard work. Mr. X's schedule only allows for Sunday's off, and I'll be darned if he's going to spend the day doing yard work! But, even I, an experienced wacker of weeds, could not tame our backyard without the help of a machine. Fortunately, Mr.X was able to get yesterday off and decided to tackle the weed problem. I really thought he was just going to spray them, then pull them up manually when they died. But I was wrong, I knew that when he called me from Home Depot and said he was picking up a machete. Being a normal person, I asked him what the flip he was going to need a machete for! What I failed to realize was that I was not dealing with a normal person, I was dealing with a Marine.

What went on in Mr. X (The Marine's) mind:
Situation:
Invasive vegetation surrounding residence
Evaluation:
Chemicals: No go, no time, besides chemical are for p^$$!#s
Manual pulling: No go, no time
Solution:
Hack all non-grass vegetation with machete

Of course, as any logical person can see, hacking things with a machete is the only obvious solution.

I can't say I wasn't impressed with the results. After about two hours, the weeds were gone, hacked to death by a machete wielding Marine.

5 Helpful Hints:

Anonymous said...

MrX sounds crazy! I do not think he should be allowed to weild machetes! =P

Anonymous said...

shouldn't!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

k, shoudlnt makes no sense! .............................................. =(

i pick my first comment!

Rhonda said...

Sounds perfectly normal to me! I remember my Marine doing the same thing when we moved into a rent house with an over-grown back yard way back in 1983!

Mrs. X said...

LOL @ Rhonda in Ok

Maybe someday I will learn to just stop being suprised with the things he does.

 
template by suckmylolly.com