Friday, August 1, 2008

Pancakes

Over the years I have tried several different pancake recipes in my quest for the perfect pancake. I remember my first attempt... I was 11 years old and determined to make the best pancakes EVER. Which is why I added eggs to a box mix that specifically stated "No eggs needed!". I thought since eggs weren't needed that would make them extra, and extra could only mean extra special pancakes! So I added a couple of eggs. Maybe it was just the eggs that made them turn out so rubber like, or maybe it was the excessive stirring of the batter, or maybe it was the fact that the pancake mix had been sitting in back of the pantry since we had moved in, I can never be totally certain of the exact cause. All I know is that not only did my pancakes feel like rubber, they tasted like it too. Add some slight overcooking on my part and I ended up with something that not even the dog would eat. Seriously, our dog tried to take a nibble, but then decided to just lick the syrup off and run away. I guess even dogs don't like the taste of burnt rubber.

Well.............last week I finally found it! A simply delicious recipe for pancakes that my kids just can't get enough of. =)

From recipezaar.com posted by Ellen Brody:

1 egg
3/4 cup
milk
2 tablespoons
margarine, melted
1 cup
flour
1 tablespoon
sugar
3 teaspoons
baking powder
1/2 teaspoon
salt

*Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup more milk for thinner pancakes

Suggested additions:
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Squeeze of lemon juice
A little orange zest
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon


Please don't add them all together =)

P.S. These freeze beautifully!

0 Helpful Hints:

 
template by suckmylolly.com